I definitely need to to see you and assess your goals and expectations. We can do it virtually or in person.
After numbing, cleansing, and then marking the danger zones, we will be injecting anywhere from 10-20 sites.
These will go fairly quick, and you will feel stinging and burning for a short period.
For your first injection, plan a few days off. The first day for rest, and the next three for recovery.
You will have a drop and heaviness in the area. You may experience numbness and tingling in areas, and hard bumps.
Immediately after your appointment, you may feel pain, swelling, redness, and burning. This is usual, however if it is concerning to you, feel free to message me.
Ice, take Tylenol, keep upright. If you feel numbness or tingling, let me know so that we can document it.
Most of the discomfort should have subsided, however, you may still feel some discomfort. Continue to ice.
Please avoid strenuous works outs, hot tubs, and saunas
"Turkey Neck" your submental area will "drop", making you appear like you have hanging skin or a "turkey neck". This will subside over the next 3 days to a week.
You may also notice bruising, you can apply arnica cream to help decrease the bruising time.
Everything should start to resolve. Some people may take longer to heal and recover. I will touch base with you to make sure everything is going well.
1-3mm of fat loss is usual in the area of injection. It is very subtle the first round of injections.
If your skin is loose, then it may make the skin sag even more. Especially if you have lost a lot of weight.
Keep in mind how long it took you to recover so that you can plan events accordingly. Some people recover in a week, some more.
1. Do not touch, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area.
2. Ice the treated area for the next 24 hours. Place the ice pack on the area for 20 minutes, and then remove the ice pack for 20 minutes as needed.
3. Apply over the counter Arnica gel (found at drugstores) to the treatment area to help decrease bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
4. Take over the counter Tylenol to decreased discomfort if needed.
5. Sleep on your back with your head elevated for the next 3-5 days.
7. Avoid vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
8. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or other essential fatty acids for at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. Taking these may increase your chances of bruising or bleeding.
9. Avoid Cosmetic treatments such as injectables, peels, micro-dermabrasion, lasers, micro-needling for 2 weeks after..
10. Please report immediately if you develop asymmetric smile, facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing conditions worsen.